Plants are essential to everyone's lives. Welcome to Plantlife.
Jobs at Plantlife
Head of Finance
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours
Salary: £35k – £40k
We are currently looking to appoint an effective and experienced Head of Finance to be responsible for the management of financial operations for Plantlife, to ensure that business objectives are met and that all parts of the organisation enjoy a first class financial support service. While the focus of your job will be finance your team will also be responsible for pay and reward and the employment law aspects of HR, and for IT services.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA,/CIPFA qualified or equivalent, with at least 4 years financial experience and will demonstrate:
- Track record of preparing in-year financial reports and accounts and communicating/interpreting these for non-financial audiences
- A team player, able to work with staff at all levels and all roles and to provide excellent support and service to colleagues
- Excellent numeracy and literacy plus spreadsheet skills and the ability to produce written reports to accompany financial information
- Line management experience of staff at all levels and of external providers
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet externally imposed deadlines
Ideally but not necessarily, you will have experience in a charity/not for profit organisation and an understanding of accounting and reporting in the third sector. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual with drive and ambition to succeed in this role. If you feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience, we very much look forward to hearing from you. Please contact 01962 813 300 to request an information pack.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement, plus a completed application form, in a word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference 1606-8.
Interview date: 4th August 2016
Senior Policy Officer
Ready to help rebuild our wildlife from the roots up? Plantlife is looking for a dynamic and persuasive Senior Policy Officer to join the team and help us develop and deliver a compelling advocacy programme. Working with national experts, key decision makers and partner organisations you'll build strong coalitions to improve the future of our wild plants and fungi and make a real contribution towards the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation.
This is a full time post (35 hours per week) although we are open to considering part time working or job shares from candidates who are particularly strong in only some parts of this role.
Our Head Office is in Salisbury and this is the preferred base for this post although remote working, including home working, will be considered for the right candidate. The role will require frequent travel, primarily to London although occasional travel across the UK and to main centres of Europe. We work normal office hours (9-5, Monday to Friday) and offer flexible working arrangements.
The reward package is based around a salary of £25-28,000 plus contributions to a group personal pension scheme and other benefits, including 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
How to apply
A full job description and person specification are set out below. If you fit the bill, please write a short cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for this role and enclose a copy of your CV and completed Plantlife application form and return it to Julia Clements by 1st July 2016 (email@example.com).
Initial interviews will be on Wednesday 13th July at our Salisbury office.
Ranscombe Farm Reserve are looking to hire 4 new volunteer positions and welcome you to join our fabulous team. These new and exciting roles are suitable to people who are interested in helping with fundraising to allow our essential site conservation work to continue.
- Role 1: Events assistant: attend local events (from playing games, baking cakes and providing information)
- Role 2: Volunteer researcher: To assist with seeking funding and awareness raising opportunities in the local area. (Role 2 and 3 can be based from home anywhere in UK)
- Role 3: Fundraising group team leader: To help us set up and lead a fundraising group, to run local events to raise money.
Full induction and support will be given.
To express interest email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634 245413