Plants are essential to everyone's lives. Welcome to Plantlife.
National Plant Monitoring Scheme (NPMS)
Help us to monitor the health of our plants and their habitats each year.
Please note that registration for 2014 closed on 31 July. To register for the 2015 survey please click on the link below.
We’ve joined up with the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (CEH) and the Botanical Society of the Britain and Ireland (BSBI) to bring you a new annual plant survey. This habitat focussed survey will provide more robust data to feed directly into Government monitoring, informing us of the health of our many and varied habitats.
How will the survey work?
Volunteers will record species in plots of differing habitats in a 1km grid square.
The survey can be done at 3 different levels - volunteers can select the level that best suits their current knowledge and progress up the levels over time. Volunteers refer to a list of species for the first 2 levels. The final level allows you to record all the species found within a plot.
- Please note that the deadline for registering for this year's survey is 31 July 2014. (Any registrations made after this time will be put on the survey list for 2015).
- You will then be sent a survey pack.
- NB If you are a resident of Northern Ireland, please contact Catherine Finlay to register your details and request a survey pack.
Uploading your results
NB Any old or existing WFC usernames and passwords will not work on the new site.
- In order to submit data you must first register or login. If you have any problems, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A data entry guide is available here.
- This is a new data entry site, which is currently being tested. Please help by telling us about things that don’t work, are not clear or could be improved by emailing email@example.com
- (If for any reason you are not able to use the data entry system, please return your survey forms to us in the post).
Plantlife respects your privacy and will not give or sell your personal data to any third party. To read our privacy and security statement click here.
If you're signed up to survey, the following resources might be useful - click on each to download: