Plants are essential to everyone's lives. Welcome to Plantlife.
"The nodding oxeye bends before the wind..."
- John Clare, "The Fear of Flowers"
In bloom around the solstice, this large daisy is a sure sign that summer has arrived.
Where it grows
Best time to see
June to August.
- In the Language of Flowers it symbolises patience.
How's it doing?
Possibly declining in Scotland.
3 things you may not know
- Before the 16th century it was more commonly known as the 'Moon Daisy' or 'Dog Daisy'.
- In Austria and Germany it was hung inside the house as it was believed it would repel lightening.
- If cattle eat it, it can affect the taste of their milk.